Yo ho ho, it's a pirate's life for most ... at least on Halloween
Blame it on Johnny Depp and all those pirate movies. Pirate chic is hot this Halloween. More than 1.7 million American adults will transform themselves into sea rogues, according to a survey commissioned by the National Retail Federation. That surpasses cowboys, zombies, devils and French maids combined.
The popularity of swashbucklers is attributed to the success of the “Pirates of the Caribbean” movies. Aye, matey!
Among children, however, pirates are the fifth most popular wannabe. Hannah Montana takes the top spot with 1.5 million expected dress-ups.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 99664Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16608OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13275Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8705Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8419Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8235How to help tornado victims
- 7896Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6964Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 6671Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6451Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients