Shop smart: tips to help you get good deals
The January 2009 issue of ShopSmart, from the publisher of Consumer Reports, offers these tips to prevent overspending this season and help us get the best deal every time. Here are some shopping screts:
* Try on shoes and clothes for size in the store, and then watch for them to go on clearance online.
* Check eBay first. Even if you skip the auctions and only buy items that have the “buy it now” option, you can save $$$ off the retail price.
Dodge hidden charges and unwanted merchandise.
* Always check return costs and see if items bought online can be returned to a local store, especially for large purchases.
* If it’s a bargain, grab it, but think twice about final-sale items.
Don’t pay full price.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients