More Black Friday shopping tips
Shop early, shop smart.
That’s probably the best advice for Black Friday shoppers. Sure, who wants to crawl out of bed just hours after stuffing yourself with pecan pie and turkey. But if you want a deal, the day after Thanksgiving is the day to get it. I included tips in today’s column, but here are a few more.
* Be wary of deals with quantity limits. If a store only has 10 items at the price, go elsewhere.
* The idea is to save money, get good deals. No impulse buys.
* Shop alone if that works best or team up with friends or family members to attack separate stores and separate sections of a store.
* Timing is everything. Arrange stores by opening time from early to late.
* Identify what you want to buy, what you stores you need to go to and what time they open.
* Save receipts and a know a store’s return policy.
* Check out online Web sites such as http://bfads.net/ , www.blackfriday.info/ and www.theblackfriday.com/ that already have store sale ads and information. Don’t assume these are correct. Check the circulars on Thanksgiving Day for any changes and other savings.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16360Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12715Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11414'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11247Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11067Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10980OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7454Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6968Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6909Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 6877Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients