Bill Blass closing its doors
Designer Bill Blass acknowledges audience applause after the presentation of his spring 2000 collection, his final runway show, in New York on Sept. 16, 1999.
The Bill Blass fashion company is closing, reports The New York Times.
This is a sad day in the fashion industry. I remember when Bill Blass retired and showed his last collection on the runway in New York City. That was nearly 10 years ago. The company has gone through several designers who have tried to fill Bill’s shoes, but, alas, that may have been an impossible task.
The Times says the showroom on Seventh Avenue will close and the remaining staff are expected to leave this week.
Michael Vollbracht designed the line from 2003 to 2007. During Fashion Week in February ’04, two other fashion writers and myself went to his office for a group interview. He wanted to put his own stamp on the signature Bill Blass classic, timeless styles, and he had more success than the other designers.
Blass, the man behind one of the most successful, enduring licensed brands in Amercia, died in 2002. Now his namesake company is gone.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients