Best Trends of 2008
A lot can happen in a year. For 2008, this is an understatement.
It was the year of the Olympics in Bejing, China, a new president was elected, Oklahoma’s own Sam Bradford was announced Heisman Trophy winner, and who could forget the recession that plagued businesses all over the country.
As 2008 comes to a close, I would like to take the time to reflect and look back at the year in fashion.
Here are a few of my favorite trends of 2008:
2008 was a year of bright colors. Bright jeans or bright shoes, neons were a must-have.
Oversized jeans (the nice way of saying baggy) were popularized by celebrities such as Katie Holmes (a.k.a. Mrs. Tom Cruise).
Boots were there through it all. Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer.
Textured leggings injected a touch of high-fashion to any basic outfit.
Plaid was playful in ’08.
Big, bold bangles accessorized the year.
The floor-length maxi dress made her comeback.
-Crystal VanZandt (fashion intern)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10801Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10490Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10422Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9824Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6498Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4191Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4093Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3771OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3668Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3566How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients