An update on jewelry designer JoAnne Brooks
When I was in Dallas in March for the apparel market, I looked for Texas jewelry designer JoAnne Brooks. I interviewed her in October during the market, and she’ such an inspiration and really a fun person.
She wasn’t in the same location, but when I was in another showroom I overheard some people talking about this jewelry designer. One of the women was wearing this wonderful necklace. I asked the designer’s name and it was JoAnne. She had moved to another showroom.
JoAnne was stricken with
polio when she was 4; her right arm and hand and left arm are completely paralyzed. When she’s making jewelry, she hooks her thumb and finger around her left big toe for leverage. She is so skilled with her feet that it takes about 30 to 45 minutes to make a simple piece and an hour for multiple strands.
Her pieces look awesome. Take a peek. Check her out on her Web site, http://jabjewels.com.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 94547Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17200OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12970Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8745Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8636Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8239How to help tornado victims
- 7488Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7422Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6833Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
- 6608Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients