Face masks ... the new "it" accessory
Are face masks becoming the new “it” accessory? With cases of swine flu starting to increase in the United States, people are reaching for what they think is one of the easiest precautions against the illness.
The Centers for Disease Control is not recommending that people wear the masks, saying there is limited evidence that they effectively prevent the spread of the disease. That’s not stopping mask manufacturers and suppliers from doing a little self-promotion, which explains the e-mail I received about Ice-Qube preparedness sytems at www.ice-qube.com. The site is offering four face shields with Ice-Qube Emergency Planners for $4.99 and 10 face shields with Ice-Qube Emergency Planners for $9.99.
Face masks as street fashion? Let’s hope this is a short-lived trend.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 40139Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13141Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12793New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 9982UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 8099Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 7523Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7421Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 6832Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6583Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5521Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients