Vogue editor Anna Wintour suggested Oprah lose weight
Here’s an interesting tidbit from FashionGossipWeekly:
During an unaired portion of Anna Wintour’s recent interview on “60 Minutes,” the feared Vogue editor revealed that she refused to put Oprah on the cover of Vogue because she was too fat.
…“I went to Chicago to visit Oprah, and I suggested that it might be an idea that she lose a little bit of weight before she appears in the magazine. I said simply that you might feel more comfortable.”
The talk show host eventually lost the weight and the cover was one of the magazine’s most successful ever. The no nonsense Wintour wanted the TV legend to loose 20 pounds.
Surely I’m not the only one surprised that Oprah would follow a suggestion from a stick-thin magazine editor just to be on the cover of a fashion magazine. If she wanted to lose weight to be more healthy and feel good, that’s one thing, but Oprah is on the cover of her own magazine every month. Interesting tidbit.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 64206Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14590Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8849Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6802How to help tornado victims
- 6783Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6409Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6168Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5647Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5641Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 5457Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients