Bargain shopping ... such a deal
I spent a few hours last week visiting thrift stores, close-out stores and bargain centers to see what kind of cheapfashion finds are available. Cheap has never been so cool, as I said in my column in Sunday’s Life . Shopping smart is what it’s all about these days. Keep in mind, though, a good deal to me may be a splurge to you — or vice versa.
I intentionally stayed away from TJ Maxx and Marshalls, stores I hit up regularly for home accents, handbags and shoes. Instead, I went to the Goodwill, Zippdog, Wall’s Bargain Center, the Junior League Remarkable Shop and Name Brand Clothing. Many of these stores have more than one location, so check for stores that may be close to you.
When shopping at close-out, thrift and bargain stores, carefully check merchandise for rips, stains, etc. Some stores have a return policy; many don’t. Shop carefully. It’s no bargain if you get that great suit home and the zipper is broken. It also takes time to sort through massive amounts of merchandise. Don’t shop if you’re in a hurry.
Here’s what I found:
Zippdog, Casady Square (there’s another location in Edmond)
Naughty Monkey green and white patent peep toe pumps, $27.
Circa Joan & David black pumps, $30.
Donna Rico black and cream floral sleeveless dress, $45.
Not Your Daughter’s Jeans, $6.88
Bridal gowns, $49.99
Name Brand Clothing, Britton and Pennsylvania
Dana Buchman stretch black pants, $29
Anne Cole halter swim suits, $19 and $22
Tahari black skirted suit, $59 (with the $280 retail tag still attached)
Alfani silver and crystal evening sandals, $9
Jessica Simpson peep toe black pumps with cork platform, $9
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 46110Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14982Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9556Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8109Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7765Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7102Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7082Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6778Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6425Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5726How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients