Sarah Jessica Parker's role at Halston no small part
Actress Sarah Jessica Parker isn’t taking her role at Halston lightly. In fact, she’s taking on more responsibility than was originally thought.
Not only will she voice her opinions as Halston’s chief creative officer, but she’ll be keeping an eye on the bottom line, too. She was named president and given an equity equity stake in the company. “I think this is a brand new kind of business model, and it illustrates how serious I am about this position. I think it’s wonderful to feel invested in something,” she told Women’s Wear Daily.
“I tend not to just endorse something. I like feeling the stakes.”
Plenty of men and women take the route of film to fashion, but not all succeed. “I know I come to the company in a rather unorthodox way but I’m not the first to be president of a company without the traditional background,” Parker said. “Others have been successful in those endeavors and I do so hope I can be as well.”
Parker is clear what she can offer – “good manners, a point of view that is inspiring, that is hopefully smart, and an incredible passion and excitement and enthusiasm, as well as some experience of what I know about women, that having been pretty much the focus of my role in ‘Sex and the City.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81018Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30448Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 30137Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 25654Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8097Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7386Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7344Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7225Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 7035Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
- 6666Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients