Marc Jacobs ... no celebs at his fashion show
American fashion designer Marc Jacobs has stopped inviting stars to sit in the front row at his runway shows – because they distract the audience.
Superstars such as Madonna, Eva Mendes and the Olsen twins are regulars at the designer’s annual shows, but Jacobs has vowed to turn his back on the world of celebrities.
And the style guru admits he made his decision after last year’s exhibition – when the Material Girl demanded a seat without being invited.
He tells Style.com, “I’m not into the celebrity thing … like we used to. That’s boring. We’re not going to have celebrities. Last season, we had two celebrities … one because Lady Gaga was doing our party, and she didn’t even make it to her seat because we started the show before she got there.
“And one was Madonna. She came backstage, and I was like, ‘What do you do with her now?’ Because it’s not like she was invited. She just called and said she was coming, and we weren’t holding the show for her. She just came, and that was it. There are certain things I can’t control.
“We used to have all the celebrities and people there, and I think that at that moment in time, that’s what people loved. It generated so much press and at a certain point it was like, ‘Did anybody actually watch the show?’”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5867Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 5666Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients