Isabel Toledo to design shoe/handbag collection for Payless
Designer Isabel Toledo, who created the lemongrass-colored inauguration day ensemble for first lady Michelle Obama, is giving a little love to Payless ShoeSource for a line of cheap-chic shoes and handbags for fall, reports Women’s Wear Daily. Items will average about $40 each.
In a statement, Payless said to expect “a strong shape, fabric and textural focus with a mix of materials such as patent, nylon, rubber and mesh.”
“I believe that the freedom of wearing and living in high-low fashion is what pure American styling is all about,” Toledo said in a press release. “I grew up wearing high-end clothes and pairing them with innovative, functional and affordable items to complete a look.
“For me, fashion is personal and intimate, I love the unexpected, and I am truly excited to join Payless in its continuous mission to democratize fashion. As a fashion designer, I focus on the consumer to create designs that are meaningful, inventive and very functional.
“Shoes must be flattering and wearable, and I am thrilled to collaborate with Payless to create something new and fresh for all women through my new Payless shoe line.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients