Farrah Fawcett ... great hair and more
There was more to Farrah Fawcett than great hair. But her hair was one of her defining features. She captured hearts in the 1970s as one of “Charlie’s Angels.” Her trademark hair was fluffy and feathered with lots of flip.
Women of all ages flocked to salons to get the new cut. The big item of the day: hot rollers, a must if you wanted the Farrah ’do. Women with short hair let theirs grow. Women everywhere wanted to look like Farrah. Guys just wanted to look at her.
Variations of the style have resurfaced during the years, most recently this spring. Eva Longoria, Tori Spelling and Charlize Theron all sported a softer version with less volume, waves curled away from the face and just a bit of feathering.
Fawcett died Thursday after a lengthy battle with cancer. She was 62. She left the televison series “Charlie’s Angels” after one season, and some questioned if the blond bombshell would ever work again. She took her head full of hair and flashy smile and showed them what she had in the 1980s and ’90s, receiving acclaim for dramatic stage and screen roles.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25487Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17319Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9536OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8741Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7985Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7943UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7139Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6051Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5454Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4574Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients