Makeup guru Michael Marcus at Dillard's
Michael Marcus Cosmetics is new at Dillard’s in Penn Square Mall. But Marcus isn’t new to makeup. He has been making up women for 20 years.
He thinks he has a good feel for what they like and want. Especially Southern women.
I wrote about Marcus and his visit to Oklahoma City in today’s you! section. Here’s more from our interview.
Marcus is based in Dallas. Women here and there both like color. Sometimes they just need a reminder.
“For so long, it has been about neutral, neutral, neutral. Women have forgotten how to wear color,” he said.
He’s bringing a reminder to Oklahoma City women. He will be at Dillard’s, Penn Square Mall, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday. He will give a five- to 10-minute personal consultation and recommend colors, products and skin-care regimens, then a makeup artist will offer application tips. A $50 reservation fee is redeemable in products. Call 840-8495 for an appointment.
What women find in his collection is a range of color for the eyes, lips, cheeks and eyes. After talking with Marcus, even women who tend to wear neutrals are ready for something a bit more exciting.
The right lip color can brighten your eyes, he said. Neutrals blend in with the rest of your face. What woman wants that?
When you choose that right color in lipstick, whether you do a lot of eyeshadows or softer tones, it positively makes your eyes stand out more, he said.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16614OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14171Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13556Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10806Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9444Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7747Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7539Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7474'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7103Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 7093Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients