Milan Fashion Week spring 2010: Armani and Prada
I haven’t been following Fashion Week in Milan as closely as I did New York. But here’s a couple of collections you might find interesting.
This story is by Robin Givhan of the Washington Post:
MILAN, Sept. 25 –The spring 2010 fashion shows began here Thursday with the famously reserved Giorgio Armani and the infamously unsettling Miuccia Prada presenting their collections on the same day, thus causing a severe case of aesthetic and cultural whiplash.
Two designers could not be more dissimilar. Armani is a man who advocates elegance and beauty. Prada is a woman who once purposely created a collection that she herself described as “ugly.”
If Armani sees his ideal woman as a goddess floating down a red carpet, Prada envisions her as an anarchist marching in the streets of Western capitals, perhaps with a jewel-encrusted gas mask.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients