If Paula Deen can wear leggings, so can I
I wrote a Sunday story about leggings, their popularity and how retailers say they can be great for women of most ages and many sizes. Coincidentally, I was watching foodie Paula Deen Saturday morning and she had on black leggings with a long black tunic. She looked good. She broke up all the black with a white sweater.
I own leggings and I’ve worn them around the house, but I haven’t darted out in public in them yet. I’m not sure why. They’re super comfortable. I don’t think I would look out of place at the grocery store. I would cover up the largest part of my hips with a top that stretches almost to my knees. I would wear flats instead of killer heels.
My daughter loves leggings, and has been embracing them for about four years. I embraced them, too, about 19 years ago. Even wore them to work. I was more trendy then than I am now. Some people like to say if you’ve worn a trend once you shouldn’t wear it second time around. I disagree with that. You wear it differently. Maybe you wear a different style. With leggings, college students are going to wear print leggings, even metallic. I’m going to stick with basic black.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients