Olsens set to launch junior line at Penney's
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen at it again. Women’s Wear Daily reported the designing duo has signed a deal with J.C. Penney to launch Olsenboye, a junior brand that will be exclusive to the chain.
The collection will land in 600 Penney’s stores in February, according to the story in WWD. But the company aims to jumpstart interest among teens well before the launch. Beginning Nov. 6, Olsenboye will be available on jcp.com for a limited time. A teaser video also can be seen on olsenboye.com
Direct-mail pieces and televison and magazine ads will herald the full launch in the spring, along with an interactive digital campaign on jcp.com, Penney’s teen Facebook page and Twitter.
What a lot of effort for a junior line. But Penney’s is trying to modernize its image by going after the teen and contemporary customer and offering something new and different. At the same time, the chain is ditching labels not relevant to its new image.
Among its consumer base, “the propensity for trying and adapting new brands is terrific,” said Liz Sweney, Penney’s executive vice president and general merchandise manager of women’s. “We are stepping up our style to attract a younger customer” with such recent launches as Bisou Bisou, I [Heart] Ronson, Allen B., Oxford & Regent and Twelfth of Eleven, all contemporary lines done in collaboration with designers and brands.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 64206Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14590Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8849Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6802How to help tornado victims
- 6783Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6409Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6168Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5647Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5641Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 5457Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients