Paula Begoun's high-flying beauty tips
Who’s traveling during the holidays? Travel and stress can play havoc with your skin.
Who better to ask for beauty suggestions than Paul Begoun, beauty expert, author and founder of paulaschoice.com. She travels ore than 100,000 miles every year from Australia to Mexico and throughout the U.S.
She’s often asked how she takes care of her skin during a flight? Here are her top 5 tips:
1. It is indeed drier at 35,000 feet, but if you don’t have dry skin it doesn’t really doesn’t matter. If you have dry skin and are taking a long flight, you may need to reapply moisturizer or a really good toner (loaded with state-of-the-art ingredients, not just water).
2. Because of airport security, she always has samples of products with her. Not every company offers sample, but Paula’s Choice has samples of all its products for you to try and pack in your carry-on.
3. For flights more than six hours, Paula travels without makeup. Just before she lands, she washes up in the bathroom, follows her skin care routine and then applies her makeup.
4. For shorter flights, she wears makeup but no powder. She applies powder just before she lands, when she is touching up her makeup. She prefers not tohave anything drying on her face during the flight.
5. A higher altitude in the outdoors does require a higher SPF, but in an airplane not much UV light is getting through those tiny windows. What you normally wear for sun protection, meaning an SPF 15 or higher, will do just fine.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients