InStyle Weddings magazine closes
Another magazine bites the dust.
InStyle Weddings, the bridal spinoff of the flagship fashion title, published its last issue, which will be on newstands from Dec. 25 through March 5, 2010, according to Fashion Week Daily.
According to Echo Media, the magazine was the No. 1 selling bridal book on the newsstand. Modern Bride and Elegant Bride were folded into Brides magazine in early October.
If you’re looking for a bridal magazine, you can still find Martha Stewart Weddings; The Knot and Town & Country Weddings on the bookshelves.
A source said the closing of InStyle Weddings wa direct result of the economic impact of the dwindling bridal market, it said in Fashion Week Daily. Saks Fifth Avenue closed its bridal salons at the end of 2008, and designers have slashed prices on their bridal gowns, with Vera Wang announcing a 40-50 percent cut in gown prices earlier this year and Badgley Mischka offering a new, lower-priced Mark and James label.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24939Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15605Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9621UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8603Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7447Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6907Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6484Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6322OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6156Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5797Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients