Diane Sawyer, Katie Couric ... fashion influences?
Come Monday, Diane Sawyer will be anchoring the ABC World News. Katie Couric already sits on the throne at CBS Evening News. So, will these two well-dressed women have an influence on what you and I wear? That seems to be a question that some in the fashion industry are pondering.
Women’s Wear Daily says designers are eager to get their clothes on these two high-profile women.
Elie Tahari seems to have it zipped up already.
“I plan to dress them. This is the year of the woman. Both Diane and Katie are wearing our clothes — quite often. We don’t send clothes to anybody. They buy them. I think these two women are confident, dress smartly, are stylish, graceful, elegant and modern. It’s very good for business. [The broadcasts] go to everybody’s living room and women are looking at women–it’s stimulating for style and fashion. With men, they’re in a suit and tie, and it’s boring.”
Designer Diane von Furstenberg isn’t sure that the two female anchors will have any impact on the clothing industry.
“I think it’s great for women,” she said. “Whether it’s great for fashion, I don’t know.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6362Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6064Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients