Bob Mackie ... still an original
It’s no secret that I really like designer Isaac Mizrahi. The runway shows he used to stage during New York Fashion Week were so much fun.
Another designer who pulled all stops was Bob Mackie. One of my favorite shows was a Las Vegas-themed extravaganza. I hummed ”Viva Las Vegas” for days.
Mackie no longer does runway shows, but the guy who once dressed Cher, Carol Burnett and Diana Ross has a line of clothing on QVC.
He’s also getting a humanitarian award in Florida. I came across a great story about Mackie in the Palm Springs Life magazine. You’ll never guess which singer is a fan of his clothes today. Read the story here.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 64206Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14590Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8849Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6802How to help tornado victims
- 6783Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6409Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6168Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5647Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5641Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 5457Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients