Now let's turn our attention to spring 2013 trends
Yes, I know it’s barely the first week of January and the start of 2013. But in fashion we’re always looking ahead and now that the holidays are over, let’s turn our attention to spring clothes and trends.
Way back in October at the Dallas Market Center’s spring 2013 apparel market, Gregor Simmons presented her trend report to buyers and others (OK, me) who were there to stock their store shelves with all things stylish. Simmons owns Gregor Simmons Ltd., a buying office in New York. Many stores rely on her expertise, including Balliets at Classen Curve in Oklahoma City.
She said nostalgia defines the spring season. Do not confuse nostalgia with retro. There’s a familiarity and comfort but with modern details, shapes, lines, trims and textures.
Sportswear is making an appearance, though the dress continues mostly as sheaths and shifts often with cap or elbow-length sleeeves. Some styles define the waist with fuller skirts and many have pockets.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101343Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13633Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10711Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9528OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8426Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7731How to help tornado victims
- 7199Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 5774Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5631Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients