Liz Claiborne Inc. changing name to Fifth & Pacific
NEW YORK (AP) — Liz Claiborne Inc. is changing its name to Fifth & Pacific Cos. now that the clothing maker has sold its namesake brand and plans to concentrate on its Juicy Couture, Lucky Brand and Kate Spade labels.
The name change, which the New York company previously announced was coming, is just the latest step that Liz Claiborne is taking as it tries to become a more profitable business. In November the company completed the sales of its Liz Claiborne and Monet brands to J.C. Penney. Other fall deals included selling its Mexx business to a joint venture led by the private equity firm The Gores Group, and selling its Kensie and Dana Buchman brands.
Liz Claiborne has said that it plans to focus on its Juicy Couture, Lucky Brand and Kate Spade brands that appeal to well-heeled shoppers. Wealthier consumers are spending more freely than middle- and low-income shoppers as economic uncertainty continues to cast a shadow on U.S. consumer spending.
In the third quarter, Liz Claiborne’s net loss widened and its adjusted net income from continuing operations missed analysts’ expectations. Third-quarter revenue slipped 9 percent.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24265Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15789Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10553Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9606Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9126Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8599Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8494Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7618Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7497Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6747UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients