Most of us pay attention to celebrities’ hair. It makes sense that companies do, too. The 19th annual Sally Beauty Best Tressed Survey took a look back at 2012′s best and worst celebrity hairstyles and asked American women to cast a vote on the good, the bad and the ugly.
What’s more, the survey asked participants to weigh in on their own styling habits.
Last year proved beards and poofs were not favorite styles, with the cast of Duck Dynasty and Snooki both taking home Worst Hairstyle honors. For the second year in a row, voters agreed that royal hair ruled, and bestowed upon Kate Middleton the title of Best Female Hairstyle. Brad Pitt came out on top with the Best Male Hair, but not all voters approved of his current look. He also placed second for the worst. Just think about that Chanel fragrance commercial.
|The Top 3 in Each Category|
|Best Hairstyle in 2012 (Female)||Best Hairstyle in 2012 (Male)|
|1. Kate Middleton||1. Brad Pitt|
|2. Sofia Vergara||2. Ryan Seacrest|
|3. Taylor Swift||3. Ryan Lochte|
|Worst Hairstyle in 2012 (Female)||Worst Hairstyle in 2012 (Male)|
|1. Snooki||1. Cast of Duck Dynasty|
|2. Pink||2. Brad Pitt|
|3. Ke$ha||3. John Travolta|
The survey participants also divulged their own personal dos and don’ts of hair care. Some interesting outcomes include:
- 39 percent of women chose “texture” as the one thing they would change about their hair if they could. 22 ercent said “health.”
- 60 percent of women cite mullets as the hairstyle they hope never comes back, followed by 16 percent who said Jheri curls.
- 30 percent of women wash their hair three times or less a week, while 24 percent wash theirs every day.
- Votes were close among two favorite nail trends of 2012. 38 percent chose rhinestones and glitter, and 33 percent said nail art featuring geometric patterns was their top pick.
- 91 percent of women spend 20 minutes or less styling their hair.