Must-see: Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit in Dallas
There’s still time to see a fashion exhibit devoted to world-renowned French designer Jean Paul Gaultier.
“The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk” highlights the designer’s career from his early runway years in the 1970s through the next three decades. The exhibit continues through Feb. 12 at the Dallas Museum of Art.
Once dubbed fashion’s “enfant terrible,” Gaultier became known for his eclectic sources of inspiration, many of which can be seen in the more than 140 haute couture dresses and ready-to-wear pieces.
What sets this exhibit apart from others is the multimedia presentation, organized in six different thematic sections tracing influences that have marked the designer’s creative development — “The Odyssey of Jean Paul Gaultier,” “The Boudoir,” “Skin Deep,” “Punk Cancan,” “Urban Jungle” and “Metropolis. Most of these pieces have never been exhibited.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20835Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17666Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12055Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9067Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8577Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8462Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8039Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4986Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4489Woman arrested on complaint of offering to engage in act of prostitution in Midwest City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients