Get fit in 2013; proper exercise clothes can help
Exercise. To some, it’s an ugly word. But this time of year getting fit, whether by eating better or hitting the gym, is a hot topic. If you’ve resolved to get in shape, know this: The creator of Devigi fitness apparel thinks looking confidently can help you keep your resolution.
“Nothing helps the fitness commitment more than enthusiasm and confidence,” said Nadine Gelberg, Ph.D., creator of Devigi. “The right fitness apparel can camouflage holiday bellies to give you the confidence to hit the gym and provide the positive reinforcement to continue the commitment past February.”
Gelberg said good fitness apparel is a smart investment to make your New Year’s fitness goals more fun, achievable and compel you to reach for intensity. She cites the following reasons:
- Commitment. Flattering clothing can improve your attitude about exercise and increase your motivation to go workout and keep you working out. You don’t have to wait till you’re fit to look good at the gym. The right apparel can make you “gym ready” today.
- Motivation. When you are putting in the work at the gym you want to feel like you are getting results. The right apparel can make you feel positive which motivates you to keep up your fitness routines. Don’t let yourself get discouraged in clothes that don’t look good, don’t fit well and create unnecessary bulges.
- Productivity. When you put on your favorite outfit, you get an extra bounce to your step – a burst of energy, enthusiasm and self-assurance. In fitness, that extra bounce translates into intensity: bumping up your pace on the treadmill; an additional set at the gym; or more energy in Zumba class.
- Time. Fashionable workout wear that can transition from the gym to the grocery store, to the coffee shop or to school, makes it easier and much more convenient to schedule a workout.
- Comfort. Being comfortable is key to success. Clothes should be soft, comfortable, and help regulate your temperature so you are warm in the cold weather without over heating during your workout. If you are not physically comfortable, you are more likely to shy away from your fitness commitment.
“No one should be intimated about starting an exercise routine or uneasy about being seen at the gym. Clothes that drape gracefully across the ‘right curves’ and forgive others, make sense,” said Gelberg. “At Devigi, we want our designs to help motivate people to get active and keep them encouraged through all the peaks and valleys of exercise, fitness and diet.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 371Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 366Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 314OKC Thunder: Thunder stuck with worst-case scenario
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients