Belk stores looking for Southern designers
Listen up, aspiring designers. Belk, a department store company with stores in Stillwater and two in the Tulsa area, is seeking Southern designers of apparel, shoes and women’s accessories to add to its numerous collection of brands for its second annual Southern Designer Showcase contest.
Winning designs will be sold at Belk and on Belk.com beginning spring 2014.
Categories include women’s, men’s and kids’ apparel, shoes, and women’s accessories. Designers must live in Belk’s footprint of Southern states or have a strong connection to the region.
Entry submission rules:
- Designers must be 18 or older.
- Entries must include photographs (no larger than 8.5 x 11) of up to 10 samples, along with a resume, bio, and brief statement outlining why your designs are appropriate to the Belk brand.
Entry forms and directions for submission are available at www.belk.com/southerndesigner and are due to Belk by March 1. Finalists will be chosen by Belk’s panel of judges and notified by email on April 1 and invited to present their designs at Belk’s corporate offices on May 22.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients