For years, DailyCandy has given us juicy tidbits about everything from fashion and beauty to travel and food.
Now comes”DailyCandy Collaborations, a collection of exclusive, limited-edition products created expressly for DailyCandy by designers and artists. The inaugural offerings, created by both established and emerging talent, will be showcased on DailyCandy and sold at The Standard Hotel Shop in New York , Los Angeles and Miami, as well as online at ShopTheStandard.com, through Feb. 28.
DailyCandy editors will handpick design collaborators regularly for the new series, and each collection will be available only for a select time on www.dailycandy.com/collaborations.
The first “DailyCandy Collaboration” collection debuted Thursday with never-before-seen products from ready-to-wear designer Heidi Merrick ; artisan jeweler Melissa Joy Manning ; fashion jewelry designers Holst + Lee; global beauty product curators Glossybox; and, artist Carrie Marill from art site 20×200.
“With ‘DailyCandy Collaborations,’ our team was deeply involved in the design and creation of each product, working directly with our favorite designers and artists to ensure a unique union of our brand’s aesthetic and our partners’ visions,” said Ashley Parrish, editor in chief of DailyCandy. “With these limited-edition pieces designed specifically for the DailyCandy audience, we are no longer just uncovering the things our readers love most, but now creating them with their sensibility infused.”
The first round of limited-edition “DailyCandy Collaborations” products include:
- Heidi Merrick – Inspired by the work of her father – legendary surfboard shaper Al Merrick – Heidi incorporates the color and clean lines of the ocean into every detail of design. With DailyCandy’s editors as her design partners, Heidi’s exclusive item is a leather clutch with vintage sequins and contrast lining. ($178)
- Melissa Joy Manning – Known for creating unusual, modern designs that transcend stylistic trends, Melissa Joy Manning hand-makes each piece to order from materials mined safely from around the world. For DailyCandy, Melissa made a unique set of pink druzy calcite stud earrings featuring silver metal work inspired by the original DailyCandy swirl illustration. ($250)
- HOLST + LEE – Designers Natalie Holst and Rochelle Lee met working in New York City’s nightlife, and are now one of the jewelry industry’s most cutting-edge fashion duos. Their bold, mixed-media statement pieces draw inspiration from a wide range of people, places, cultures, and materials. Holst + Lee’s one-of-a-kind item for DailyCandy is an exclusive bracelet featuring a blue ombre color scheme and magnetic closure. ($145)
- GlossyBox – Bridgette Wittekind & Charles Abercon have gained a following by shipping their customers a curated selection of the most coveted beauty products of the moment. GlossyBox’s specially-tailored box of beauty for DailyCandy features products from GK Hair, Le Metier de Beaute, Heartland Fragrance, Make Up For Ever, and SK-II. ($59)
- 20×200 – Art dealer and entrepreneur Jen Bekman created 20×200 with the goal of making great art affordable to everyone. For DailyCandy, Bekman commissioned artist Carrie Marill – an art world darling who draws inspiration from nature. In her exclusive piece made especially for DailyCandy, Carrie makes neon take flight in a dynamic print titled “Fire Tail Finch.” ($60)