New York Fashion Week: Victoria Beckham
By Samantha Critchell/Associated Press
NEW YORK (AP) — Of course Victoria Beckham had hot cups of tea at the ready at her New York Fashion Week show on Sunday. It was cold outside, and Beckham knows how to take care of her guests, just like she does her customers.
The cozy, refined, do-it-the-right-way vibe made it to the runway. She has figured out how to keep the signature chic that has made her label a fashion powerhouse instead of celebrity flavor of the week, while pushing the envelope just enough to keep it interesting.
The most unexpected looks at the show at the New York Public Library’s grand entrance hall were the flashes of bright yellow, including a sleeveless trench; the techno shine she added to pleated skirts that the audience could only see as the models walked; and the long cape-style tuxedo coat. That coat looked like it belonged to a husband or boyfriend and would be draped over a woman’s shoulders as she made her way home from a fancy wintertime event. “It’s sharp, refined … feels very sexy.”
It’s worth mentioning her that David Beckham sat in the front row, as he always does, and then held their young daughter, Harper, in his arms backstage as his wife did post-show interviews.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 94547Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17200OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12970Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8745Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8636Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8239How to help tornado victims
- 7488Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7422Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6833Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
- 6608Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients