New York Fashion Week: The Row by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen
By Samantha Critchell/Associated Press
NEW YORK (AP) — It was as if Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen ordered up the chilly and dreary day on Day 5 of New York Fashion Week just so they could invite a small crowd of tastemakers into the lovely, inviting townhouse they used to present The Row collection for fall.
A fire was lit Monday in the Upper East Side entryway. Guests sat on fine wooden antique chairs and velvet settees: the perfect setting for understated luxury — and that’s what The Row turned out.
It no longer seems as if the Olsens take their show far away from the hub of seasonal designer previews at Lincoln Center or even from a downtown gallery for privacy or exclusivity — although they get both.
Editors, retailers and stylists need to be up close to appreciate the silk jacquards and cashmere and tiny flashes of mink on finely crafted silhouettes that look deceptively simple.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26920Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17660Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8676UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8213Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8153OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8000Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7952Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6297Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5734Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5128Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients