Fashion Week fall 2012: Betsey Johnson
By Caryn Rousseau/The Associated Press
NEW YORK – Betsey Johnson is taking her fun and funky persona back to the 1960s.
Johnson revealed her fall collection Monday at New York Fashion Week as tunes played from the Beatles, Dusty Springfield and The Supremes. Her nearly four dozen looks had names like “Eleanor Rigby,” “Quadrophenia” and Laugh-In.”
But as with all Betsey Johnson runway shows, the designer is the star. The 69-year-old wore a silver sparkly long-sleeve shirt as she turned her signature cartwheel and added the splits. Then in true Johnson style, her models marched down the runway marching-band style, dressed as cheerleaders wearing silver miniskirts and carrying pom-poms.
Want proof that Johnson’s inspiration took a time machine ride? Here are just a few of the items she sent down the runway under the tents at Lincoln Center for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week: floppy hats, silver knee-high boots, hot pink tights, white circle-framed sunglasses and sparkly hot pants.
There were more demure pieces too, well, demure for Betsey Johnson. Models also wore red leather gloves, coats made from black and white houndstooth prints, and flowing floral dresses.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients