New York Fashion Week Fall 2013 Michael Kors
By Samantha Critchell/Associated Press
NEW YORK (AP) — Michael Kors solved a few dozen fashion emergencies Wednesday.
His fall collection was on the drawing board in late October when Superstorm Sandy hit, putting Kors in “chic survival mode.” So on Wednesday, Day 7 of New York Fashion Week, out came models in modern camouflage, safety orange and rubberized leather.
Kors said in a backstage interview he aimed for styles with “endurance, speed and strength, but I love elegance and glamour, and I don’t want to give it up.”
Before a full house that included Michael Douglas, Hilary Swank, Jada Pinkett Smith and Zoe Saldana, Kors sent out a soft royal-blue cashgora (cashmere and angora) jacket that had a placket made of black leather front and center. He paired it with a matching zipper skirt.
A black rubberized shaker-knit sweatshirt was worn with taxicab yellow track pants that had tuxedo stripes made of more black leather.
For those who need to make it to the office during a storm — literal or figurative — there was a gabardine-leather toggle coat and rubberized pullover sweater for men to wear with black cotton trousers.
For women, there was a quilted leather skirt suit. She might need one of the stiletto pumps with the fluorescent strap across the foot, almost like duct tape.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81703Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31891Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 29684Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24698Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8257Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7616Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7442Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7342Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 7328Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 7268Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients