Beauty on the runway: Up-do with sculptural style
Want to capture the up-do worn by the models during the Zac Posen fall 2012 runway show?
John Frieda Global Creative Consultant Luigi Murenu created the style and his vision seamlessly blended the timeless glamour of the 1950s and the allure of Japanese sophistication. The result: a sculptural style with a twist of couture.
”For sleek, flawless up-dos with clean lines, I wanted the look to evoke not just a different era, but a special cultural experience as well,” Murenu said. “The structure and craftsmanship of the styles are meant to suggest an aspirational time and place. My goal was to make the models look like what I envisioned a modern geisha to be, infused with the sleek simplicity of 1950s Hollywood glamour.”
Posen’s inspiration evoked the exotic, delicate elegance of Japanese architecture. Inspired by the minimalist yet impactful aesthetic of Japan’s structural designs, the innovative collection puts a modern spin on traditional silhouettes.
Murenu offers this step-by-step process so you can get the look at home:
Step 1: On damp hair work through 10 drops of the new John Frieda Frizz-Ease Sheer Solution Lightweight Frizz Control and then thoroughly blow-dry to smooth hair and fight frizz
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17340Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17005OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13213Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11218Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9481Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7832Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7484Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7128Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 7070Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6266Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients