Fashion Week fall 2012: Ralph Lauren
By Samantha Critchell/Associated Press Fashion Writer
NEW YORK — Ralph Lauren and refinement go together like England and tweed. They all rendezvoused on the runway Thursday at New York Fashion Week.
“I have always loved the heritage and romance of England. My collection for fall 2012 is about a modern glamour inspired by timeless character and refined elegance of an authentic way of living,” Lauren said in an email to the Associated Press.
To the music of “Downton Abbey,” a popular PBS show about a British manor in the World War I era, models began their parade in riding clothes — plaid jodhpurs, houndstooth coats, Fair Isle sweaters and button-down shirts with contrasting white club collars — and ended in slinky evening gowns with jeweled collars.
There was variety in the silhouettes, with trousers, for example ranging from wide-leg pleated pants to slim cuts, and there were tailored jackets long and short. One of the most striking looks was an animal-print shearling jacket. The new version of the pantsuit was a below-the-hip lean blazer with skinny pants in the same plaid pattern but different scales.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 21842Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 19892Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
- 7794Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients