Stuart Weitzman creates glass slipper for "Cinderella"
Thanks to shoe guru Stuart Weitzman, there really is a glass slipper. Well, a glass slipper look alike. He designed the slipper that will be worn in the first-ever Broadway production of Rogers + Hammerstein’s “Cinderella.”
His one-of-a-kind creation, a transparent vinyl silhouette encrusted with more than 5,000 iridescent Swarovski crystals, will make its debut March 3 at the Broadway Theatre in New York City.
And for women who want to be their own fairytale shoes, Weitzman will launch a Clearly Timless capsule inspired by the musical.
Weitzman has been creating fantasy-worthy footwear for real life royalty — and women with real lives — for more than 26 years.
“What is every girl’s first memory of shoes? Cinderella’s glass slipper. Something as simple and accessible as a beautiful shoe can make a woman feel like a princess,” says Weitzman. “Who wouldn’t want to be Cinderella for a night? When asked to re-create the iconic slipper for the new Broadway production, I jumped at the chance.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients