Actress Missi Pyle to wear eco-friendly gown to Oscars
Actress Missi Pyle of “The Artist” will wear a sustainable gown to the 84th Academy Awards.
The design by Valentina Delfino, who was born in Venezuela and lives in Miami, was among hundreds from around the world who submitted a sustainable dress design for the competition.
“The Red Carpet Green Dress contest gives aspiring or established designers a chance to make a beautiful and sustainable gown that will be seen on the single most anticipated red carpet,” said Oklahoma City native Suzy Amis Cameron. “When the talented actress Missi Pyle steps onto the red carpet at the Academy Awards this Sunday, everyone will see why sustainable design can also be stunning design. Valentina Delfino has created an Oscar worthy dress, and I am thrilled Missi has joined us in creating an important fashion moment.”
Amis Cameron, wife of director James Cameron, Suzy started the Red Carpet Green Dress contest in 2009, during a whirlwind of red carpet appearances while attending “Avatar” premieres, in which she wore countless dresses and began to understand the environmental footprint fashion can have on the planet.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients