Style expert predicts statement accessories at the Academy Awards
We know there will be some gorgeous gowns at the Academy Awards on Sunday. But what about the accessories?
Will they be subtle or in-you-face? Colorful gems or diamond bling?
Style expert Michael O’Connor will host StyleLab’s styling event for Academy Award nominees, presenters and stylists at a private venue in Los Angeles. He has pulled together a selection of one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces from world-renowned designers for celebrities to borrow for the red carpet.
O’Connor sees an overall fascination with statement accessories this year. Here are his predictions:
Bold Colored Gems
Bright and vibrant colored gemstones that were big in past decades including pink, blue, orange and green, will make a resurgence. Gems will be large and accented with diamonds. One stunning suite chosen from the American Gem Trade Association is a 130-carat multicolored spinel necklace with a matching pair of 33-carat earrings from Somewhere In The Rainbow’s collection. And who could resist a pair of 30.07-carat sapphire earrings set in platinum from Shaftel Diamond Co.? Tanzanite and diamond earrings from Takat Jewels will also be a popular choice on the red carpet.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101883Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13737Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10731Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9553OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8470Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7788How to help tornado victims
- 7217Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7121Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 6843Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 5845Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients