GQ names best new menswear designers in America
GQ magazine has named its Best New Menswear Designers in America.
The names may not be familiar now, but just wait. As part of the project to bring attention to up-and-coming menswear designers, established in 2007, all the designers will be featured in the April issue of GQ. What’s more, they will be given an opportunity to work with Gap to create a limited-edition collection.
The Best New Menswear Designers in America selected by GQ are:
- BLK DNM – Johan Lindeberg’s new contemporary luxury brand inspired by downtown New York with a focus on denim.
- Ian Velardi – The designer’s new menswear collection can be described in three words: timeless, luxurious, and effortless.
- Mark McNairy New Amsterdam – Known primarily for his trend-inspiring footwear, this designer’s clothing line includes updated Ivy and military staples.
- Ovadia & Sons – Brooklyn-bred twin brothers Shimon and Ariel Ovadia offer updated classics in luxury sportswear, tailored clothing, shoes, and accessories.
- Saturdays – This surfing-inspired line, designed by owners Morgan Collett, Josh Rosen, and Colin Tunstall, focuses on a clean aesthetic with high-quality craftsmanship, traditional styling, and authenticity.
- Todd Snyder – Inspired by old-school British style and the relaxed cool of Hollywood icons, this designer’s collection of American classics is marked by an assured attention to detail.
Any capsule collection that is developed would be expected to be available in the fall at select Gap stores as well as online at http://www.gap.com Pieces from the collection would also be featured in the October 2012 issue of GQ.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15818Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15704Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11547Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11243'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10839Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9666OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7447Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6917Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6738Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6691Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients