Q&A with Suzy Menkes, fashion editor of the International Herald Tribune
Suzy Menkes is at most of the big-name fashion shows, and many of the ones stages by up-and-comers, around the globe. The fashion editor for the International Herald Tribune is easily recognized by her hair, as you can see from this picture.
This is a woman who can cover 180 shows in 29 days as if it were child’s play, which of course it isn’t, reports the San Francisco Tribune. Fashion critics wield power – over readers of the fashion press, over store buyers attending the shows, and over the fashion houses themselves that hope the opinion-makers will find favor with the direction their designers are going. The responsibility is large, and critics don’t take it lightly. As a result, Menkes comes across as rather serious when she’s at work.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients