Steal this look: Helen Ford Wallace dresses up her vest with favorite pins
Here’s one of the best fashion ideas we’ve seen in a long time, and it comes from our very own Helen Ford Wallace, who writes the Parties, Etc. column in Sunday’s Life section.
She dressed up a nylon vest with holiday pins — almost two dozen of them. Three of the pins were her Mother’s, but the rest are hers. The vest is beautiful and adds a bit of sparkle and whimsy. Helen also sneaked in a few extra pins. I think the Elvis pin is a nice touch.
She said she had planned to wear just her Mother’s pins as a way to remember her during the season, but then she decided to add her own, too. Helen has collected holiday pins through the years, and the first one she got, in the 1960s, was gold. It’s missing a few crystals, but it still has a place of honor on the vest.
You could do this with a lightweight jean jacket or any jacket or vest that’s not too bulky. And be careful when you pin so there are no snags or holes. Who among us doesn’t have a handful of pins that either belong to us or a loved one?
I am so stealing this idea. My mother passed away four months ago, and she loved pins. I’m going to pull out some of her favorites and mine, and dress up a vest or jacket. It will be like we’re spending Christmas Day together.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients