Fall fashion trend report
Fast forward a few months and let’s talk about what we’ll be wearing when fall arrives. Or maybe I should say what we’ll be wearing when we can no longer resist the new colors and styles that will start arriving in stores in late summer.
Think luxurious knits, tailored jackets and coats with princess lines. Spaced florals, leopard and paisley. Texture, plaids and tweeds. And, of course, color. Go red, ladies.
Gregor Simmons of Gregor Simmons Ltd., a buying office based in New York, presented her fall trends 2012 report during the March apparel and accessories market last month at the Dallas Market Center.
Here’s what we can expect:
Tailoring is back in a big way. Jackets are longer and shaped though some continue to be cropped and slightly boxy. Watch for double-breasted styles and peplums along with zipper and chain detail. And get ready to horse around, or at least look like you do. Equestrian styling makes its way into many clothing collections.
Ankle-length gives pants a fresh look for fall. Most tailored pants are clean styled with a a softer, full leg. And, yes, skinny denim is hanging and washed with color and print. Boot-cut jeans are trying to steal some thunder, but it’s going to be difficult to compete with skinny.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7978Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients