Ralph Lauren ... a great fashion story
Designer Ralph Lauren has an interesting story. Maybe you know that his billion dollar empire began with a tie. That he walked away from a deal with Bloomingdale’s only to have the store agree to his terms a few months later. That he started designing children’s clothes because he had children.
Oprah Winfrey caught up with the designer on his sprawling spread in Colorado. If you missed the episode last week, let me just say — those teepee guest rooms are something else. And the decor? All Ralph.
Oprah talked with Ralph, his wife Ricky and their three children. Ralph designed the wedding gown that his daughter will wear next month when she marries. Did I see a little moisture in his eyes when he talked about it?
This man is so unassuming. No wonder he’s so well liked.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients