Jessica Simpson: A peek at her fashion empire
I never gave Jessica Simpson much thought until about three years ago. Not to her music, her acting or even her fashion empire. And believe me, she has a fashion empire. It’s expected to top $1 billion this year.
It seems that whatever she puts her name on – women’s apparel, denim, swimsuits, watches, perfume, shoes, handbags, sunglasses, children’s clothing – sells. She has a maternity line coming this fall. Women — both young and not so young — grab up her shoes and handbags.
Those are the two items in her collection that first caught my attention. I remember thinking her handbags and shoes were fun and stylish and reasonably priced. They get better each season. Who would have thought? Not me. I may have even snickered when I learned in 2005 that she had started the Jessica Simpson Collection. Fast forward to a couple of years ago and there I was, wearing her black fabric ballet flats. So cute. And comfortable. She prefers heels, but she does a few flats each season.
I haven’t purchased anything else of hers, but it’s not because I don’t like it. I like a lot of it, especially the shoes and bags and some of the jewelry.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients