Madonna dresses up her MDNA tour
Madonna doesn’t do understated … at least not on stage. Her new MDNA tour opened in Tel Aviv on May 31 and it includes more than 700 costume elements, six costume changes for the Material Girl and costume changes for the dancers with each song.
Longtime Madonna stylist, Arianne Phillips, and her staff of 25 put together a wardrobe of well-known designers and emerging talent including Jean Paul Gaultier Couture, Brooks Brothers shirts and canes, Prada/MiuMiu shoes, club and street style innovators Jeremy Scott & Adidas, Dolce & Gabanna and several new creative partnerships, as well as her own Truth or Dare line encompassing lingerie and shoes that are scheduled to come out this fall.
“I see Madonna as one of the greatest performing artists and entertainers of our generation,” said Phillips, a two time Oscar nominee, who has collaborated with Madonna for more than 15 years and four tours.
The wardrobe reflects new twists on familiar themes including spirituality, prophecy, light, super-vixen, Americana/sassy, majorette with a message, masculine, feminine, redemption and celebration. With styles including Truth or Dare lingerie with crosses, colorful metal mesh T-shirts, specially designed accessories including gargoyle and bunny masks, Brooks Brothers shirts and canes, swords, gun holsters, jeweled accessories, mirrored track suits, Lord of War T-shirts, Phillips designed Joan of Arc ensembles, a majorette costume with a 1940s inspired silhouette and Shaolin warrior costumes.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 29552Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 26325Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8457Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients