Lady Gaga's meat dress in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame n Cleveland, Ohio, is serving up what’s probably the most well-known slab of meat.
Lady Gaga’s controversial raw meat dress is on display as part of the exhibit “Women Who Rock: Vision, Passion Power.” She wore the dress to the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards. Since meat doesn’t last long, the dress was dried out by taxidermists. And since most of us wouldn’t pay to see beef jerky, the dress was painted to look fresh before being placed in the museum.
Lady Gaga’s reason for wearing the dress was lost on many. She explained it to Ellen DeGeneres, saying, “If we don’t stand up for what we believe in and if we don’t fight for our rights, pretty soon we’re going to have as much rights as the meat on our own bones. And, I am not a piece of meat.”
The dress was named Best Fashion Statement of 2010 by Time.
The exhibit continues through February.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4013How to help tornado victims
- 3642Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3374Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients