Ikat, a centuries-old print, is popular again
I wrote about ikat last week in The Oklahoman’s Mood section. Now I want something ikat. Preferably an accessory. Maybe pillows for my home or a lightweight scarf to wrap around my neck or shoulders this summer.
I’ve always liked the print, but I never gave its history much thought. Now that I know more about it, I can really appreciate the centuries-old weaving process. And that makes me want something ikat even more.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients