Michael Jackson "Thriller" jacket sold at auction
A red-and-black jacket worn by Michael Jackson in the “Thriller” video fetched a pretty price at auction Sunday in Beverly Hills, Calif.
The jacket sold for $1.8 million. It had a pre-auction estimate of $200,000 to $400,000. A story by the Associated Press said the jacket was purchased by Milton Verret, a commodities trader from Austin, Texas. The iconic jacket is one of two Jackson wore during the filming of the 1983 “Thriller” video.
Verret told the Associated Press that the jacket will be sent on tour and used to raise funds children’s charities. A portion of the proceeds from the sale will be donated to the Shambala Preserve, which houses the two Bengal tigers the singer owned.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11235Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 11138Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5575Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5081Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4332OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4278Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4021How to help tornado victims
- 3839Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3543Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3013Name of missing Kingfisher teen released
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients