Need an energy boost? Wear yellow
It’s no secret that the word of the season is color. Big, beautiful, bold color. Tangerine, not-so-mellow yellow, grass green, mint green and cobalt blue are just a few of the hot hues.
Color can even give you an energy boost. Well, one color can. Wear yellow and you just might make it through the day without dragging. That’s right. Studies show just gazing at it can increase your respiratory and heart rates, which boosts energy levels and focus, according to story in Woman’s World magazine.
The bright color is also said to speed up metabolism and trigger the brain to release more feel-good serotonin.
Researchers at the University of Georgia report that 94 percent of people who saw it felt happier in seconds.
Yellow also expresses hope and reassurance.
“The color yellow exemplifies the warmth and nurturing quality of the sun, properties we as humans are naturally drawn to for reassurance,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute.
Wear it head-to-toe if you dare or just accessorize with the hot hue.
I bought a small leather yellow tote last year. Carrying it always seems to put me in a good mood. Now I know why.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 3989Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 2759Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients