Is Kate bringing back nude hosiery?
Can one woman single-handledly bring back a trend that hasn’t been in vogue since the 1980s?
If anyone can, it’s probably Kate, the new Duchess of Cambridge and wife of Prince William. The trend: nude hosiery. She wears sheer hose much of the time, and now at least a few celebs, including Sarah Jessica Parker, are following in her footsteps.
In a short time, Kate has become an international style icon. Why wouldn’t women want to copy her look, right down to the hosiery? Not everyone can afford the clothes she wears; hosiery is a cheaper trend fix.
Not that Kate is trying to jump start an old trend. She’s probably just following conservative Royal protocol that dictates females always wears hose at official appearances and events.
But now women are noticing and copying. The British press recently reported that sales of tan-colored tights have risen by up to 85 percent in the past year, and attribute the increase to Kate and her sister Pippa.
More often than not, Kate opts for glossy sheer tights or hose. There’s a definite telltale sheen. Not that Kate needs it, but hose can give legs a lift, of sorts. Many women don’t even own a pair, though.
So, who’s going to take a shine to nude hosiery?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients