Beauty tip: Smooth those dry heels, rough feet
Flip-flops and sandals expose a lot – especially rough, cracked and dry heels. Let’s just say it’s not pretty.
It takes some effort to keep feet baby soft when you walk around barefoot indoors and out. Your feet take a beating. Here’s a tip from nail polish guru Deborah Lippman and InStyle.
“Use a callous remover like Get Off Callous Softner ($29; at nordstrom.com), followed by a pumice or scrub to slough off dry skin,” Lippmann says. “Soles become dry from the sand and salt; apply moisturizer before and after hitting the beach.”
Not liking that $29 price tag? Here are a few less-expensive products to help keep your feet soft, smooth and moisturized:
* Dr. Scholl’s for Her Rough Skin Eraser Liquid Exfoliant exfoliates rough, dry skin without harsh abrasives. About $6.50 at drug and discount stores.
* Dr. Scholl’s for Her Ultra Overnight Foot Cream softens tough skin overnight. About $7 at drug stores and discount chains.
* Foot Miracle Therapeutic Cream has a deep penetrating formula for rough callused, hard-to-soften feet. About $8 at Sally Beauty.
* Gena Pedi Care Sloughing Lotion packed with botanical ingredients to help exfoliate dead skin cells and hydrate and smooth feet. About $6 at Sally Beauty.
* H2O Plus Pumice Foot Scrub with menthol to cool and comfort feet. $15 at Ulta.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7078Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6616OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5593Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4449Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4211Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4167Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3427Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3248Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients